Friday, November 17, 2017

glam / anti-glam quotes (5 of ???)

"The more reality we face, the more we realise that unreality is the main program of the day. The more real we become, the more abuse we take, so it does radicalize us in a way, like being put in a corner....  The only reason I am a star is because of my repression. Nothing else would have driven me through all that if I was ‘normal.'... "The only reason I went for that goal is that I wanted to say: 'Now, mummy-daddy, will you love me?' ... It was a complete oppression. I mean we had to go through humiliation upon humiliation with the middle classes and showbiz and Lord Mayors and all that. They were so condescending and stupid. Everybody trying to use us....  I think  [we must make] the workers aware of the really unhappy position they are in, breaking the dream they are surrounded by....  They're dreaming someone else's dream, it's not even their own" 
                - John Lennon, interviewed by Tariq Ali for Red Mole, 1971

"Who in the hell d'you think you are - a super star? / Well, right you are / Well we all shine on /Like the moon and the stars and the sun" - John Lennon, "Instant Karma! (We All Shine On"

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog now closed because of problems with the feed - archive remains here but  posting resumes at Shock and Awe 2 https://shockandawesim...