Friday, June 19, 2020

glam revisions and revivals (1 of ??)

(first in a series of glam echoes and glitterflashbacks that didn't make the inventory of "aftershocks" at the end of S+A)






Scarlett Fantastic, live review by Paul Oldfield, Melody Maker - 1988

Note Paul's extremely precocious use of the term "retromania" - I wonder if that's the first place I ever saw it? More likely I suspect that it was just floating in the ether already. 

cf. Stubbsy using the term "Britpop" in 1986. I'm sure I've seen an instance of it being used before then. 










before, they were the equally stylized artpop outfit Swan's Way, but the coordinates were the soul consensus of stylemags circa 84







No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog now closed because of problems with the feed - archive remains here but  posting resumes at Shock and Awe 2 https://shockandawesim...